A Discovery that never fails to amaze me again and again and again

Night has become day and its now 12:40am on my mac's clock... weirdly though... I feel so energized to write about this. I'm thinking that it's because I haven't tasted anything that has really beaten it *..so far..* ergo my excitement to write about it!

According to Wikipedia..
"A truffle (pronounced /ˈtrʌfəl/) is a fungal fruiting body that develops underground and relies on mycophagy for spore dispersal. Almost all truffles are ectomycorrhizal and are therefore usually found in close association with trees."

WHAAAAAAT ALIEN LANGUAGE IS THAT?! Seriously... only one word lingers - FUNGAL - that definitely does not sound anywhere near yummy... >_<

"There are hundreds of species of truffles, but the fruiting body of some (mostly in the genus Tuber) are highly prized as a food. The 18th-century French gastronome Brillat-Savarin called these truffles "the diamond of the kitchen". Edible truffles are held in high esteem in French, Spanish, northern Italian and Croatian cooking, as well as in international haute cuisine."

Oooooh that's more like it! I suddenly feel giddy reading the words "haute cuisine" makes me think of fashionable food - literally - whatever that be!

Truffle is that SECRET ingredient that sets it apart. made the difference. the special touch. It IS the taste that tingles & lingers then draws back a bit to allow you to reminisce & crave for more!!! It's such a bite-full experience that with each bite... you get to know the dish better! Feeling the firm texture of the al dente pasta in a very deceivingly simple white cream sauce that creates a burst of unexplainable goodness on your first bite, a devilish grin on your second, eyelids closing on the third... I can share all the ways each bite does for me but I would love to let you do that on your own *_*



Salivating much already? I hope so! (hahaha) Seriously, I did a fair amount of research trying out truffle pasta dishes in several known establishment but NOTHING has ever come close to my first experience with Mamou's Truffle Pasta. It left a strong mark in me that no other "pasta replica" was able to replace! My hopefully increasingly discerning taste for what "good food" constitute has time and time again favored my first truffle experience over the rest!!! Was it LOVE at first sight? It might just be :)

Must try at Mamou is their Wild Boar appetizer. Good thing my adventurous side won out and I succumb to the waiter's "highly suggested" appetizer and since then... I need no "suggesting" anymore! This is one of those dishes that you just got to do it right - meaning, don't treat it like your daily bread & spread! Grab a cracker, first layer is the wild boar spread followed by the mustard pate-type mixture then topped with the blueberry spread. Play around with the volume of each layer until you get the perfect flavor to suit your taste. This is what I call a happy appetizer - it really does wet your appetite for your main course - not light & boring at all! :D


We also got the Steak dish which was relatively so-so (compared to the Matsusaka Steak I had in Japan - another blog) and with the steep price it commands, it's a one time order thing for me (if you know what I mean... @_@) We also ordered a white fish in lemon sauce that basically pale from the rest.



BUT... you know who my winner is... :D So should you decide to give it a try, remember to book your reservation as this establishment has strict policies on their reservation times (6pm and 8pm, 1st & 2nd seating) or else you'll enjoy your meal in the humid space of what is known as the alfresco :)) and of course remember to tag me along (i'm craving!!!)


^^ _ ^^

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Blog Roll

Total Pageviews